Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bon Appetit

I'd like to give a shout-out to my brother and sister-in-law for an awesome Christmas present that came in the mail today...a subscription to the magazine Bon Appetit!  It has some amazing recipes.  Definitely going to stretch me "out of my box".  I was browsing through it today (bad thing to do on an empty stomach), and found a recipe that sounded amazing and I had all the ingredients on hand.  This is a miracle in itself seeing as I desperately need to go grocery shopping. 

Honey-Marinated Pork
There was also a gremolata garnish that went with this; however, with our frozen tundra I do not have all the herbs that it required...will definitely try it someday though.  I am going to go out on a limb right now and let you know that I did not know what gremolata was...my first thought a cheese? an olive? what in the world?  Thank goodness for google! ;) 
Back to pork.  Here is the recipe:

3 lb pork tenderloin
1/3 c honey
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBS orange juice
1 tsp sea salt/ 1/2 tsp pepper
1 TBS olive oil
1/4 c dry white wine (I just used cooking wine)

Place pork in a 11x7x2 glass baking dish.  Whisk honey, garlic, and orange juice in small bowl.  Pour over pork; turn to coat.  Sprinkle pork with 1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.  Cover and chill for at least 2 hrs. Great make-ahead meal!  Can marinate up to a day. 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Heat oil in large skillet (I used a cast iron so it transferred right from the stove top to the oven to finish cooking).  Add pork to skillet.  Reserve the juices that it was marinating in.  Brown pork on all sides, turning often.  Transfer to oven; cook until done (150 on the inside).  It took me about 25-30 min.  Transfer to cutting board; let rest 5 min.
In the same skillet, pour the reserved marinade and add wine.  Boil gently until reduced to 1/2 C (3-4 minutes).  Season with salt and pepper.  Slice pork and pour sauce over it - Enjoy!!
  The green bean recipe can be found by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment